Dialogue: A dialogue about how to improve English

Myself: Hello Rony. How are you?

Rony: I’m fine. What about you?

Myself: I have become serious about learning better English. From today, I will not speak Bangla with you.

Rony: Why?

Myself: The reason is simple. I want to practice spoken English.

Rony: It’s a good proposition. I agree.

Myself: Yes, if we want to develop our spoken English we have to speak in English always.

Rony: it’s true. Moreover, we should not think of other’s criticism.

Myself: We should also develop our reading and writing habits.

Rony:  But how can we do that?

Myself: We can develop reading skill through reading of literature and newspapers. We can develop writing    through free writing on familiar topics.

Rony:  I have difficulty in understanding English spoken by British or an American.

Myself: It’s a problem for me too. But I have developed a lot by listening to BBC.

Rony: But for this wee need to know grammar.

Myself: Yes, we cannot avoid it. Grammar is necessary for making the language understandable to all and        for better communication.

Rony: Yes, I agree. Now, let’s go to the class.


Myself: Ok.