Letter: About your visit to the National Memorial.

                                                                               
Palbari, Jessore
03 March, 2018

Dear Y,
Hope you are well. I am well here. Today I am going to tell you about my visit to the National Memorial.

On last Indepence Day I was in Savar in my Uncle’s house who works in a foreign farm. So, I got the golden opportunities to visit it. Every nation has some places or monument of national importance. Our national memorial is like them. It is situated beside Dhaka-Manikganj highway at Savar in Dhaka. Our national memorial is the symbol of our deep respect for the great martyrs of our Liberation War. Its foundation was laid on the Victory Day in 1972.  It has seven towers which rise by stages to 150 feet high. There is a museum in the premise of the National Memorial. The relics of the Liberation War kept in the museum here remind the visitors of the very high sacrifices of the noble martyrs. In the very morning the programmes of the day began with the placing of floral wreaths by the President. Everybody was showing respect with due solemnity. The whole area is huge in size. Entire area is covered with green trees and different flower plants. People from different corner of the country come here and take rest under these trees. There is a large pool in front of the monument. Red lilies increase the beauty of the pool. Just beside the museum there is a mosque. There are many graves of the martyrs surrounding the towers. When I went there I bowed down my head in respect. The National Memorial reminds us that oppressors cannot win. Since then I always think how I can contribute to the development of our country.

The memory is really unforgettable. Such short letter cannot describe all my feelings yet I have to stop my pen now. No more today. Convey my Salam to your parents. Wish you all the best.

Your loving friend
X



From
X
Village: A
Post: B
P.S: C
District: D
Stamp
To
Y
Village: E
Post: F
P.S: G
District: H